A Soul Soaking

October 15, 2017

After a wakeful night of heavy rain, I ventured out in the wee hours for a walk in the glistening green valley that swaddles my home. Although no longer raining, the trees dripped diamonds to the ground and the birds flitted between branches and frolicked in puddles. It was a beautiful morning with no sign of human life. People were still sleeping soundly in their beds and the regular Sunday morning cyclists were scared off by the slippery roads and intermittent rain. 

With clouds resting low above, I ventured on my walk of meditation and cherished the beauty of nature as it rose up to meet me at every twist and turn in my path.

After a long dry spell the overnight rain was very much needed. The creeks were slowly filling and the once brown grass was stretching high to quench it's thirst.

As I turned around to make my way back home after a long and steady stroll, the sky opened up and rain began to pour - slow at first and then heavier and bounteous. Water dripped down my face and onto to shirt; my shorts began to soak through and my shoes squelched as I skipped around puddles and increased my pace a little. It was then that I noticed I was smiling - not just a slow creeping smile, but a full heartfelt, muscle aching smile. I tilted my head to the heavens and let the rain drench my soul. It felt cleansing, soft, cool and luxurious - a truly precious gift. I realised as I walked that rain has the power to give new life not only to plants, but people - if only we let it.

It's power is in it's showering symbolism of new life offerings, reinvention and the rediscovery of true beauty - it's ability to make things bloom!

Next time it rains in your world, don't shut yourself away - let the diamond deluge soak your soul - even if just for a moment!

Photo courtesy of Kelly Sekkema, Unsplash.com




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. A positive mental attitude does not only help you overcome problem, it also helps you achieve your dreams. As mentioned earlier, the power of the mind has no limits. It take you wherever you want to go, it can make the reaching of your dreams totally possible.

    Henner Diekmann

    Henner Diekmann

    If you keep on thinking that you will achieve your dreams, you will eventually do. Thinking positive definitely attracts positive vibes. This will make someone work even harder because they can see it in their eyes and mind that their dreams are just within their reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often having the right idea just isn't enough. Having the right idea and the right vision to execute it will usually result in a successful business. Mary crosland & Mary crosland Creating a successful company takes a lot of skill as well as imagination. Helping to bring bright ideas to life is the job of a Business Entrepreneur. Getting an associate or bachelors degree in business administration will get you in the door.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you - please share your thoughts